Wednesday 8 October 2014

Back on the Road again

7.10.14

Well it's good to be back on the road again. Autumn has moved in now and it's colder which is nice for walking and wetter not so nice. The feet are not 100% yet but my blister recovery ninja skills have improved and I covered 19km this morning without trouble. Another full night and they should be right. 



At the end of today I had done a solid 35km with the feet seeming to survive ok. They will need a lot of ongoing maintenance to get me to Switzerland. It didn't look pretty when the socks came off but after a nights sleep they sorted themselves out and are toughening up. 

The weather finally turned ugly and I had my wettest night yet when it absolutely poured down. I can't complain too much as I have had a miraculous run so far. I set up my tarp and had a totally dry night. My Tarp from DD Hammocks has been a   Priceless piece of kit and paid for its self last night. 


I have made it to Nördlingen and stocked up on ibuprofen to get me to Switzerland. I think I have a solid 6 days walking from here. 

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/Colditzwalk

http://colditzwalk.blogspot.de

No comments:

Post a Comment