Tuesday 14 October 2014

Last night in the forest

I saw the alps tonight. It was a special felling after Leaving Colditz Castle on the night of the 27th September nearly 600km ago. 

This will be my last night camping out all going well I will be enjoying the comport of a hotel in Switzerland tomorrow night. 

I wanted to try and make good distance and so walked right up to dark. It was some of the worst main road with no foot path I have experienced. I was happy to get back on country roads. The terrain has really changed now. Tthe flat farmland has given way to foot hills and a more mountainous character. I was greeted with the most spectacular sunset which the photo doesn't do justice. 


I am very much looking forward to tomorrow's 30 km stroll to the border. 

I had the wettest night of the trip so far but a good camp kept me very dry and comfortable. All my gear has worked out perfectly, the tarp, the bivvie bag and the sleeping bag. 


This morning I'm walking in a thick fog hoping it will burn off through the day and I will have a view of Switzerland. 

I am so pleased we have passed $6000 and a good chuck of the way to $7000.  Keep the support coming in. Please let everyone know that today is the day I cross the Border and it's a great time to show support. 

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/Colditzwalk
http://colditzwalk.blogspot.de

No comments:

Post a Comment