Saturday 11 October 2014

The Germans finally caught up with me.

I got an early start and had a magnificent 5km along the Danube in Ulm. 


After 15 days on the run the Baveria. Border patrol found me. Thommy, Helene and Johann my friends from Augsburg. 


It was really special to have friends to walk with and locals to share my experiences of the journey with. We had a great few Km's along the river before it was time for them to go back. 

It seemed  all my papers were " in ordnung" and so they let me go and gave me an Augsberg beir. Which was very much appreciated. 

After the social morning it was time to get down to some serious walking and I ended the day with just 99km left to Switzerland,  another big milestone. 



I got to camp early but in the rain so set up what I hope to be my final wet weather camp. Fingers crossed. 


Getting incredibly close to $6000 raised. I have only got 3 more days to Switzerland all going well. Please encourage others to join in and support my challenge for The Fred Hollows Foundation. 

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/Colditzwalk
http://colditzwalk.blogspot.de

No comments:

Post a Comment